Menu Bar

Monday, June 18, 2012

...And they're off!

Well everyone, it's finally here! The team is leaving from Toronto airport tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again to everyone at UWO and in the community who has helped us with planning, fundraising, advice, etc. We'll update over the course of the summer as we're able.

Speaking for myself (Dave), I'm feeling extremely excited and, to be honest, just a little bit nervous. Excited because it's always great to see long-laid plans come to fruition, and because I can't wait to see and experience and learn everything that I can squeeze out of this incredible opportunity. Nervous because this is certainly the most adventurous travel I've ever done. I've done some interesting travelling (i.e. hitchhiking around the Maritimes last summer), but I've never been anywhere with such potential for culture shock. Or where I had to be really careful about drinking water. Or where it's 45 degrees. In the shade. But all these little things are really dwarfed by the excitement.

So here we go! Dive in headfirst, carpe diem, and all that.  We'll update as we can from India. First stop: Amar Seva Sangam in Ayikudi!



P.S. Yeah, that's right, Ayikdui first. I had the dates switched in my blog post from a few weeks ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment