Menu Bar

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our 2 weeks at ASSA has almost come to a close. It has been a wonderful introduction to India. We have been treated very well and we will be sad to leave this community. No matter who enters they are accepted for who they are.
Aleshia: From a nursing prospective, this little piece of heaven looks at health from many different avenues. The health care providers here look at the whole person, not just the limitation. The health care team collaborates together to help the patients/residents achieve their individual goals. The patients/ residents here are very involved in their own learning about their health. They are constantly searching for new best practices that they can apply to their conditions. I have focused my energies on hand hygiene awareness throughout the campus. I have done presentations to physiotherapists, nurses, personal care providers and patients on the importance of proper hand hygiene and good techniques. I have also shared some knowledge/ skills to allied health professionals on wound care. I have learned a great deal about holistic health during my time here. I look forward to sharing what I have learned with my colleagues back home. I can't wait to experience what lies ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment